Help After Construction Injuries In Mississippi
If you were injured in a construction accident, there are two things you should consider in seeking compensation for the injuries and lost wages:
(1) You are entitled by law to workers’ compensation, but your employer and their insurance carrier may be hostile to the claim.
(2) You may have additional claims for monetary damages if a third party apart from your employer caused or contributed to the accident.
Since 1982, the law firm of Owen & Owen has represented construction workers, industrial plant employees, hurricane clean-up workers, and others injured in a workplace accident. We encourage you to contact us today to help safeguard your rights and ensure you receive full workers’ compensation benefits. We serve Gulfport, Biloxi, the Gulf Coast and clients throughout southern Mississippi.
Experienced Representation In Your Construction Accident Claim
We routinely represent victims of construction site accidents, in their workers’ comp claims and in other lawsuits arising from their injury. Our founding attorney has more than 35 years of combined experience in work injury and personal injury litigation. We are familiar with the common injuries and claims in construction work:
- Back, neck, hand and foot injuries
- Electrical shock, fire or explosion
- Tool and equipment injuries
- Heavy equipment accidents
- Scaffolding or ladder accidents
- Falls from roofs or other heights
Third-Party Liability In Construction Accidents
You can’t sue your employer or co-worker for negligence. That is the trade-off of automatic coverage under workers’ compensation. However, our attorneys are skilled at identifying responsible parties beyond the chain of employment who could be liable:
- Companies that manufacture, distribute, service or rent machinery
- Negligent subcontractors on the same job site
- Property owners who created unsafe conditions
- Motorists who caused an on-duty vehicle accident
Our firm is committed to excellence in legal representation, starting with personal service and attention to detail. We will take the time to explain your rights, listen to your story, and explore all benefits and additional claims you may have from a job site injury. Contact our Gulfport office at 228-265-5109 or toll-free at 866-677-3165 to arrange an initial consultation.